AutoX events are held in the parking lot areas
4460 Shemwell Ln
Paducah, KY 42003-0796
RallyX events are being held at Beacon Dragway at the north end of the dragstrip.
Please see the About
page for a map and directions.
Every car that runs an SCCA event must first pass a technical inspection:
- Tires - no cords showing or other damage such as bulges, nails, etc.
- Wheel bearings, shocks, steering, seat belts and suspension in good operating condition.
- Brakes - firm pedal with no detectable drop with car not running and proper level of fluid in reservoir.
- All loose items removed (radar detectors, floor mats, etc.)
- Hubcaps and wheel rings removed.
- All lugs present and tight.
- Throttle return action safe and positive (no sticky throttles)
- No excessive fluid leaks.
- Battery securely fastened down.
SCCA events are a full day affair. Please, try not to die/get dehydrated/sunburnt. The following essentials will help get you through:
- If you're under the age of 18, you'll need to bring your parents
- A valid driver's license
- Military and student discounts require ID
- Cash and checks accepted for on-site entry fee
- Lots of fluids, ideally in a cooler, and lunch
- Sunscreen, SPF 30+ (you will spend 8+hrs exposed)
Once you get the racing bug, and you'll get it quickly, there are a few extras you may want to bring.
- Helmet: We are happy to loan helmets, but due to the limited quantity, we encourage our regulars to purchase their own. Snell rating of 2005 or newer is required by the SCCA (read: M2005, or SA2005). Full-face, or open-face style is up to you.
- Numbers and class: All cars need numbers and letters.. The SCCA has specific minimum size/location guidelines for these, as noted in the official rule book. We can help you pick your own car number, and we'll be happy to help you classify your car (post on our facebook page if you have a question).